Qatar University has been ranked among the top 100 universities worldwide in Computer Science, according to Times Higher Education (THE) World University Ranking of 2023 that was just released. This is indeed a big achievement for our department. It is surely a result of years of active and hard work in planning, teaching, and research. Congratulations to all members!
QU’s rank has jumped this year over about 25 positions in THE CS subject ranking. With a steady progress over years, here are the CS ranks of QU since 2018:
- 2018: 251-300
- 2019: 201-250
- 2020: 201-250
- 2021: 101-125
- 2022: 101-125
- 2023: 95
Computer Science and Engineering department (CSE) at Qatar University has several graduate programs, namely, Master of Science (MSc) in Computing, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, and dual degrees with International Institutions, such as Politecnico di Torino (Italy), Politecnico di Milano (Italy), and Université Bretagne Sud (France). Our programs are diverse in their offerings, and we have a multicultural student population, instructed by well-qualified and experienced faculty from various backgrounds and research areas. Research areas include AI and applied machine learning, cybersecurity, robotics and computer vision, networks and internet of things among others. The CSE department has state-of-the-art lab facilities and equipment to help students in their studies and research. Our alumni and graduates are well-positioned in key industries and academic institutions in Qatar and worldwide.
For more information about our research areas and work, check our CSE research page.
To know more information about CSE graduate programs, check our CSE department page.
To apply for graduate studies, visit QU graduate application page.
We are proud to announce our new academic partnership with EC-Council, the world’s largest cybersecurity technical certification body. This academia partner will benefit our CSE department in several directions including:
- Complimentary faculty certification scholarship in Network Defense, Ethical Hacking, and Digital Forensics.
- Complimentary evaluation resources for any faculty member to any EC-Council Academia Series course (including syllabus, eCourseware, instructor slides, and iLabs).
- Fully or partially integration of any EC-Council Academia Series course into our cybersecurity curriculum
- Discounts off Academia Partner rate exam vouchers for faculty members and students.
- Discounted courseware bundles and automatic exam eligibility for students.
- Access to the new EC-Council Essentials Series MOOCs.
- Privilege of becoming an EC-Council Testing Center (ETC) to administer EC-Council exams onsite
- Free Entry to global Cyber Security events such as annual Hacker Halted (https://www.hackerhalted.com/) and Global CyberLympics competition (https://www.cyberlympics.org/)
Looking forward to a successful partnership with EC-Council!
Don’t miss the seminar!
Congratulations to the Qatari team who managed to win the “Outstanding Performance Award” in the regional Final of the Huawei ICT competition (Middle East) that was held in Oman from 20th to 22nd of December. The team consists of three students: Hassan Khan from our CSE department at QU, and two other students from HBKU and CCQ
The Huawei ICT competition aimed at nurturing ICT talents to contribute towards preparing the next generation of ICT leaders for the digital economy. This year’s competition featured 15 teams representing 11 countries across the Middle East and Central Asia. A total of 45 students competed in the finals from an initial entry of 19,231 students from 472 universities and colleges across the region.
Additionally, Qatar University received the award of “Excellent Academy” due to the great operation of the ICT academy and the number and level of students who have been certified.